These adult lessons are made for use with groups of 4-15 people. These lessons help EFNEP participants learn to:
- Eat better for less,
- Save money when they shop for food,
- Keep foods safe,
- Get more active on a budget, and
- Better cook and plan meals.
All lessons are:
- Sensitive to the needs of multi-cultural audiences,
- Learner-driven, and
- Written to be used by either paraprofessional or professional staff.
Each lesson provides:
- Background information to help instructors answer participants’ questions
- A materials list;
- A lesson plan, often with handouts; and,
- An explanation of what makes the lesson a behaviorally-focused lesson.
Lesson instructions are written at or below the 8th grade reading level, and handouts are written at or below the 6th grade reading level, with many have been translated into Spanish by a group of nutrition educators from Argentina, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
The lessons were developed and tested by staff and students (named in each lesson) from the Department of Nutritional Sciences, under the direction Dr. Debra Palmer-Keenan. Questions and comments are welcomed!
- Eat Smart, Live Strong
- Eat Smart, Live Strong - Lesson 3 - Colorful and Classic Favorites
- Eat Smart, Live Strong - Lesson 4 - Eat Smart, Spend Less
- Eating Smart, Being Active - Lesson 2 - Plan, Shop, $ave
- Eating Smart, Being Active - Lesson 3 - Vary Your Veggies...Focus on Fruit
- Eating Smart, Being Active - Lesson 4 - Make Half Your Grains Whole
- Eating Smart, Being Active - Lesson 5 - Build Strong Bones
- Eating Smart, Being Active - Lesson 6 - Go Lean With Protein
- Eating Smart, Being Active - Lesson 7 - Make a Change
- MyPlate for My Family